Calling all Australians… we all need to stop purchasing single use plastic bottles and purchase a high quality reusable water bottle today. For the future of our fragile environment and planet we need to make a responsible change now and help reduce the war on waste.
When it comes to purchasing a reusable water bottle, stainless steel is a much better choice than plastic as plastic bottles can harbor more bacteria. Just ensure that you wash your stainless steel bottle thoroughly after every use so it doesn’t build up any nasty chemicals or bacteria.
Below are the top 6 reasons to use a reusable water bottle in Australia:
- More than 17 billion plastic bottles and cans are consumed by Australians each year and although they are recyclable many end up in land fill
- Plastic bottles can take up to 1,000 years or more to decompose and when littered they can over time break up into small pieces and can kill local wildlife that mistake them for food
- Studies have concluded there is more bacteria on the average toilet seat than on unwashed, single use plastic bottles
- Plastic bottles can leach into the water and quickly grow dangerous bacteria in the cracked bottle’s surface
- According to an estimate, every year we are using approximately 1.6 million barrels of oil just for producing plastic water bottles
- Most bottled water is just glorified tap water that comes at an average cost of $2.75 per litre. That’s some good incentive to invest in a quality water filter for your home and refill your reusable bottle as you walk out the door
To ensure we are all doing our part to help reduce the war on waste and single use plastic bottles, be sure to purchase a high quality reusable bottle. EcoVessel triple insulted stainless steel bottles will not only keep your drinks cold or hot for a very long time but will also help reduce waste and save the environment, one bottle at a time. Hooray for keeping Mother Nature happy!